Franziskaner Gymnasium Visoko - Masterplan, Multifunktionssporthalle
The construction of the multifunctional sports hall is the first step in the overall redevelopment of the Franciscan complex in Visoko. Founded 1900, the complex consists of a monastery, a gymnasium, agricultural and sports grounds and a historic park. The sports hall was placed at the far north-eastern end of the site to create an attractive ending and to move the historic park in the centre of the daily life in the complex.
A large, but very economic envelope was constructed to house the sports field with tribunes, spaces for movement and service rooms. Two horizontal openings provide natural light and visual linkages with the historic park. The tribune connects the park level and indoor sportsground. For large scale events the glazing at park level can be partially opened to enable free circulation between inside and outside. Service rooms are placed in free standing towers. There is no back side and users are invited to stroll around and program the space. The sculptural forms of the towers are used for climbing. The façade towards the park is vegetated and in seasonal dialogue with the historic park.
ORT: Visoko, BH
AUFGABE: Entwurf, Generalplaner